Terms and Conditions
This Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) will apply to the user who is willing to use the “Guidelines for implementing e-money payment terminals supporting NFC/FeliCa” (“Documents”) which is the outcomes of research and investigation conducted by Japan Electronic-money Promotion Association (“JEPA”) (including the outcomes of research and investigation jointly conducted by the members of JEPA before JEPA founded).
By clicking “Agree” button, you will be deemed to agree the Terms and Conditions and an agreement will be deemed to be effective between you and JEPA under the Terms and Conditions. Those who wish to use the Documents (“Users”) must first agree to this Terms and Conditions by clicking such button before using the Documents.
Article 1. General Rules
The Documents are protected by the Copyright Law of Japan or any other countries and treaties with respect to the rights of creators and other relevant rights, or any other intellectual property laws and treaties.
Any intellectual property rights in and to the Documents shall be solely owned and retained by JEPA.
Article 2. License to Use
- In order to realize the situation which enables consumers to use e-money payment at every shop they go with cooperation of companies conducting e-money related business, JEPA grants Users a non-exclusive and royalty-free right to copy or download the Documents from the JEPA website only for the purpose that Users study the feasibility of development of e-money payment terminals and system which enables consumers to use the e-money payment at every shop where they go.
- Once Users copy or download the Documents from the website pursuant to above provision, Users shall not further reproduce, revise, or modify the whole or a part of the Documents. In addition, Users shall not make the Documents available by third parties (by way of example, by distributing the Documents or copy of them to third parties or uploading them to a website).
Article 3. Limitation of Liability
- JEPA shall not be liable for any damages incurred by Users or any third party arising out of Users’ use of the Documents.
- JEPA provides the Documents to Users on “AS IS” basis. JEPA makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and expressly disclaims any representations or warranties with respect to any matter, including, but not limited to, accuracy, value and non-infringement of any third parties’ right.
- Except as expressly set forth in this Terms and Conditions, this Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as granting or conferring any right or license, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under any intellectual property rights of JEPA, including, but not limited to, patent.
- It is agreed and acknowledged by Users that, in order to develop e-money payment terminal for NFC/FeliCa, Users shall obtain from those who have the technic described in the Documents a license under the related intellectual property rights.
Article 4. Term and Termination
- JEPA may immediately terminate this Terms and Conditions if Users breach any provisions herein.
- In the event that this Terms and Conditions is terminated by JEPA pursuant to the above provision, Users shall destroy all the Documents Users have copied or downloaded within two weeks from the termination date.
- This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- If Users export the Documents outside of the country where the Documents were downloaded, Users shall comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and orders with respect to export control.
- In the event that any provision of this Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid by applicable laws, such unenforceability and invalidity shall not render this Terms and Conditions unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and, in such event, the rest of the provisions shall continue to be effective.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in relation to this Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in Japan.
Get Adobe® Reader® to read PDF file.
Get Adobe® Reader®